Spoiler alert: at midnight, I will watch my first Harry Potter movie. Before tonight, I have never read a Harry Potter book or watched a Harry Potter movie. Until a couple weeks ago, I didn’t know the full name of the movie for which I possess a ticket. Like the people in this Slate article, I might live-tweet or live-blog the whole experience, but with more profanity.
What I know about Harry Potter:
- He has two sidekicks, a redhead and a woman.
- There’s a drink called butter beer.
- There’s a game called quiddich (sp?).
- Snape kills Dumbledore.
- The first book was written by J.K. Rowling shortly after she divorced. She is now a gazillionaire, and in pounds sterling.
- Daniel Radcliffe plays the title role. He appeared naked on Broadway.
- The third movie was directed by Alfonso Cuaron, who also directed Y Tu Mama Tambien which had lots of nudity. Everyone agrees that it’s “really dark” but nobody seems to remember the name of the movie right away (The Prisoner of Azkaban, apparently).
- Design Observer ran a piece on the typography in one of the movies a couple years ago.
I’m afraid to learn what “hog warts” are.
One thought on “The deathly hallows.”